Beneficial effects of ozone in relation to health
- Regulates cellular oxidative stress contributing to strengthen antioxidant factors and to fight free radicals excess.
- Triggers an increase in O2 metabolism in the case of tissue hypoxia.
- Modulates the auto immune activity. Ozone can activate the production of cytokines (interferon, tumor necrosis factor, interleukins, etc.) from monocytes and lymphocytes in the peripheral blood. These activated blood cells are taken up by the lymphoid tissue (spleen, bone marrow and lymph nodes) where the release of the cytokines produces a modulation of the immune system. These cellular interactions are very similar to the physiological processes that occur in the body to keep the immune system in an active state.
- It has a high bactericidal and germicidal power. The germicidal action of ozone is based on the formation of toxic molecules such as hydrogen peroxide, and very toxic free radicals (such as superoxide), which are especially toxic for anaerobic microorganisms, since they lack endogenous enzymatic systems capable of breaking down these products and eliminate them from the body.
- It is a circulatory activator. After treatment with ozone, blood improves its ability to circulate through the narrower microcapillaries, thus improving microcirculation by platelet breakdown.
- Improves cellular oxygenation. Disaggregated and softened erythrocytes are in better conditions to absorb and transfer oxygen, among other factors, due to the greater free contact surface and deformability. The arterial oxygen pressure increases and the venous oxygen pressure decreases. An increase in 2.3 DPG (Diphospho glyceratel) is observed, which facilitates the transfer of oxygen trapped in oxyhemoglobin in red blood cells.
- It is a powerful analgesic and anti-inflammatory. It has the same effects as a corticoid, but without the side effects of it.
- It is a stimulator of tissue regeneration.
This content is also available in: Spanish
Únete a nuestra comunidad de seguidores Ozonoterapeutas
Gracias por unirte a nuestra comunidad.
En breve recibirás un correo para confirmar tu suscripción. Revisa tu bandeja de entrada y si en unos minutos no ves un mensaje nuestro, mira en la bandeja de Spam