Medicine Faculty, Complutense University, Madrid, June 2-3, 2017
- “May the name of Madrid remain closely linked” to Ozone Therapy to which classifies as a “new technology”. Mr. Ángel Luis Guirao Deputy General Director, Evaluation and Health Inspection, on behalf of Professor Doctor Jesús Sánchez Martos, Madrid Regional Minister of Health.
- With great humility, constancy, to know how to be present, knowledge, objectivity and above all with a lot of work and professionalism, we have arrived at this international congress declared one more time ‘Event of Health Interest’ ”. Dr. Adriana Schwartz, President of Aepromo and Imeof.
- 28 speakers from 13 countries with the participation of health professionals from 15 countries.
- Prizes awarded to the best three lectures. The father of the ozone therapy in Brazil, Dr. Heinz Konrad was awarded by Imeof.
- Scientific event declared of “Health Interest” by the health authorities.
Images of Congress
Dr. Adriana Schwartz, President of Aepromo and Imeof, said:
“With great humility, constancy, to know how to be present, knowledge, objectivity and above all with a lot of work and professionalism, we have arrived at this international congress declared one more time ‘Event of Health Interest’; and in one of the most prestigious universities in the Spanish speaking countries, ‘The Complutense’ ”.
She noted that
“in recent years ozone therapy as an effective therapeutic method has been further developed and disseminated. New forms of application have been developed, new processes, modern and more precise generators have been introduced, as well as new mechanisms of ozone action have been discovered.”
She emphasized that
“today’s situation differs significantly from the era of the 80’s of the last century, when for example, pregnancy was considered as one of the contraindications for the use of ozone. We have with us our Russian colleagues who corroborate its effectiveness and use in the pregnancy; or when the use of high doses was considered to be most appropriate; or when ozonated saline was considered harmful to the body. All that has changed and evolved for the better.”
Dr. Francisco Pérez Vizcaíno, Deputy Dean of Research and Scientific Policy. On behalf of Dr. José Luis Álvarez-Sala Walther Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, Complutense University addressed a few words to the participants.
Mr. Ángel Luis Guirao, Deputy General Director, Evaluation and Health Inspection. On behalf of Professor Doctor Jesús Sánchez Martos, Madrid Regional Minister of Health expressed the wish that “the name of Madrid remain closely linked” to ozone therapy to which classifies as a “new technology”.
He emphasized that in Madrid “has materialized one of the most successful attempts in the way of unifying criteria regarding standard methods and procedures to follow” in reference to the “Madrid Declaration on Ozone Therapy”.
Throughout June Friday 2 and Saturday 3 28 speakers from 13 countries presented their research papers, which were followed by intense and fruitful questions and answers sessions.
The 5th International Congress of AEPROMO and 6th of IMEOF (Medicine Faculty, Complutense University, Madrid), began at 8:30 on the dot on June 2, 2017 with nine popular songs from several countries performed by the Spanish Gradualia Vocal Chamber Group under the direction of the master Simón Andueza.
It finished with the Hymn to the Joy of L.V. Beethoven (Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Opus 125, 4th Movement, 1823), official anthem of the Council of Europe and the European Union.
The anthem expresses the ideals of freedom, peace and solidarity. The audience rises to its feet witnessed the magnificent interpretation performed by the Gradualia Vocal Chamber Group.
The Aepromo Board at meetings on December 27, 2016 and May 22, 2017 decided that the three best papers presented at the international congress on June 2-3, 2017 would be awarded.
The Board delegated to the Scientific Committee of the Congress (Drs. Adriana Schwartz, Gregorio Martínez and Esteban González) to decide the selection of the three best papers by majority vote.
The Scientific Committee approved the “Criteria for the Selection of the ‘AEPROMO’ Award” on March 1, 2017. Later on 23 May 2017, it unanimously took the following decisions, based on the “Selection Criteria for the AEPROMO Award”:
- That none of the members of the Scientific Committee of Congress would concur with their papers in the selection to avoid a conflict of interests.
- That the vast majority of the papers had “a high investigative and formative value” thus contributing “to raise the scientific level” of the International Congress of AEPROMO.
- It emphasized that the papers presented at the Madrid international conference “constitute an example to follow with the aim that each congress surpasses in quality, variety and presentation of the presentations so as to advance in the development of the medical therapy of ozone and to avoid the repetition of the same subjects (the so-called refried) without even going deep into them.”
- That precisely due to “the high quality of the papers” the Scientific Committee had faced with “the enormous difficulty” to select the best first, second and third lectures.
- “After several reviews and analysis it concluded that there were three papers that should win the first prize; that also were three other papers that should be awarded with the second prize. In
points were tying the three of the first prize and the three of the second prize; and that the third prize should be awarded to a single paper.”
May the Name of Madrid Remain Closely Linked to Ozone Therapy
Madrid Regional Ministry of Health Inauguration, 5th International Congress of AEPROMO and 6th of IMEOF
Complutense University, Madrid
June 2-3, 2017
International congress inaugurated by Mr. Ángel Luis Guirao, Deputy General Director, Evaluation and Health Inspection, on behalf of Professor Doctor Jesús Sánchez Martos, Madrid Regional Minister of Health.
The representative of the Madrid Regional Minister of Health said:
The Ministry of Health is proud that “Madrid has been chosen as the venue of this important Congress.”
“Continuing and permanent medical training, theoretical and practical, such as the given at this Congress”, including pre-congress courses “is the fundamental tool for updating knowledge, exchanging experiences and laying the foundations for future collaboration between professionals and institutions that work in this field.”
In Madrid “has materialized one of the most successful attempts in the way of unifying criteria regarding standard methods and procedures to follow” in reference to the “Madrid Declaration on Ozone Therapy”.
The Declaration states “among others, the therapeutic foundations, the recommended routes of application or the pathologies most appropriate to be treated with ozone therapy.”
Watch the speech
Imeof (International Medical Ozone Federation) within the framework of its 6st congress awarded a plaque to Dr. Heinz Konrad “in recognition of his pioneering work in Brazil for the medical use of ozone”.
The plaque is signed by Dr. Adriana Schwartz and Dr. Frank Shallenberger, respectively president and vice president of Imeof. Dr. Konrad received the award accompanied by his wife and son.
After the awards ceremony, all the winners, speakers, participants, exhibitors and guests were invited to the celebration of the 9th anniversary of the founding of Aepromo. Everybody lively sang the “happy birthday”, toasted a long life of Aepromo with cava and tasted the delicious cakes specially conceived with the logo of the association. At 20:00 o`clock the congress was officially closed.
Our deepest thanks to the entire technical-logistic team of Aepromo, who were very much above expectations in the organization and development of the Aepromo Congress and Pre-Congress Course. Without them nothing would have been possible.
Thank you very much guys!!
This content is also available in: Spanish